Today I need food
“I got divorced a year ago. My two children and I were fine because I had a good job. But last month I got laid off. I couldn’t make it without you people. I couldn’t leave without saying, ‘Thank you!’” — A Wesley Evening Food Pantry Client
Have your Food Stamps run out this month? Are you suddenly jobless? Has a sudden medical emergency left you without money for food this month? When you come to the Wesley Evening Food Pantry you will receive a week’s worth of groceries for each member of your family. Based on a fair and efficient lottery system, when your lottery number is called you will have an opportunity to select the grocery items that will be most helpful to you and your family.
How it Works:
- On the 3rd Thursday of every month at Wesley (or the 2nd Wednesday at Parkland College for students)
- Our doors open at 3:30 p.m.
- Random number give-out begins at 4:40 p.m.
- Distribution begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Arrive by 7:30 p.m. and you will leave with groceries
- Resource tables available from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
*Order of distribution based on a lottery system, so there is no benefit in arriving before 3:30 p.m.